So, for those of you who are lazy like me, WordPress has a handy-dandy social media feature which makes life easier. It saves you some time which means you can devote more of it to Angry Birds, housework, your children, or — gasp! — more writing. It’s easy-peasy Japa–that’s prolly no longer politically correct.
NB: This plug-in is a default option only available to blogs hosted on WordPress.com. For publication options on all other, independently hosted blogs (also termed WordPress.org blogs), you’ll need to find and install your own plug-ins for cross-posting publication.
Sho, you want to get your shocial media connected. Well, here’sh how you do it.
- Open your site admin and scoot down to SETTINGS > SHARING.
- Now, open up SHARING and click on CONNECT TO TWITTER. It’s best if you’re already logged in.
- Go through the steps: AUTHORIZE CONNECTION TO TWITTER and then ALLOW.
- You’re connected! Repeat the steps for Facebook and the others, if you like. Now, whenever you post, you have the option to PUBLICIZE.
- WordPress automatically generates a custom short link. You can even edit the message that goes out. Just remember to keep the whole thing to 140 characters or less if you publicize to Twitter (which I hope you’re using securely).
And there you go. Now you’re set up to have your posts automatically advertised on your Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo!, or Messenger. You’re almost ready to take on Arianna. The final step is up to you: write good posts. Ultimately, no matter how much you advertise, content is still king.
Well, it’s not as simple as that but that’s an essential part. Besides, you don’t want to reach out to a horde of people if you have nothing to offer them.
Unless it’s a Friday…